Nirvana BV supplies turnkey rigging packages: design, masts, booms, standing- and running rigging. A huge benefit of a Nirvana rig is that it can be tuned exactly to owner requirements and hull characteristics.
Nirvana masts are made of aluminium bended plates. Unlike extruded and carbon masts, bended plate mast sections can be formed into any shape, size and thickness. Each panel can be designed individually to make the structure well-tapered and light-weight. During the assembly – or before joining the front and aft section – reinforcements are built inside the mast to support spreader constructions, stay attachments, entry- and exit holes, and other appurtenances. Tubes can be installed inside the mast to protect and guide electricity cables, hydraulic hoses and running rigging lines. Mast panels higher up the mast can be made smaller and thinner-walled for more elegance and less weight at the top.
This is an old but proven production method. In fact, it is how most masts up to 60 meters were built until quite recently. A craftsmanship that has made way for the production of more expensive and more delicate masts, mainly carbon fibre. But at Nirvana, we believe it can still be a very cost-effective and competitive alternative for owners who seek to install a customized and light-weight rig.
Nirvana BV sister company Romar BV has over 25 years experience in designing and building aluminium and carbon fibre furling booms. Nirvana believes that furling booms are the most convenient and well-performing mainsail handling systems on cruising vessels, both on monohulls and multihulls. Other systems, such as V-booms, Park Avenue booms or custom built booms are also availble.
All Romar furling booms:
- help reduce the need for crew, because the system can be operated single-handedly at safety of the cockpit.
- are equiped with a sail cover to neatly store the mainsail when it is furled, protecting it from the elements.
- are supplied with a custom sail maker instruction to make sure the boom and sail are well-tuned.
- include a custom mast ramp and luff track system, custom made to fit an existing or new mast.
- can be customized with options, such as internal sheeting, extra pad-eyes or LED lights.
Service & Refit
Nirvana BV has carried out many inspections, service jobs and complete refits over the past decades. An international team of professional technicians and riggers are able to provide support throughout the world.
Jobs such as inspections, modifications to masts and booms, replacing standing and running rigging, repainting or refurbishing are carried out in close dialog with the client. These jobs can be done at the premises of Nirvana in Holland or at the location of the yacht, depending on the location and the work to be carried out.
Complete refits occur on average every nine years, or after 40.000 seamiles. Often such restrictions are prescribed by insurance companies to minimize risk. Refits may be a given necessity, it is also advantageous for several reasons:
- The possibility of modernizing the sail plan
- Evidence of maintenance for insurance purposes
- Upgrading rigging is benificial in the event of a future sale
- Modern navigation or antanna hardware can be installed
- New installed parts will be fully warranted
- The consideration of a boom retrofit (in boom furling)
- Repaint option, will make your mast as new
- The newly installed rigging will be better and safer
De Hagen 23
8325 DB Vollenhove
T. +31 (0) 527 241 735
Chamber of Commerce # 05084194
VAT # NL817571474B01
Iban: NL13 RABO 0125 5828 11